Sports

Brad Rock: Put Jazz on an NBA trade deadline Do Not Call list

Comments

Return To Article
  • milner Centerfield Sanpete, UT
    Feb. 17, 2017 6:56 p.m.

I think you should always look to improve! Until you have won a championship you are not the best team!

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Feb. 17, 2017 6:48 p.m.

The Achilles' heel this season for the Jazz has been the backup point guard position. If the Jazz can make a deal that doesn't cost them too much, bringing in a solid backup would greatly improve the Jazz chances at advancing beyond the first round.

My dream trade would be for Goran DragÍc, but being the realist that I am, I realize that it's unlikely to happen.

• rvalens2 Burley, ID
    Feb. 17, 2017 6:39 p.m.

I expect to see a small trade happen for the Jazz. As we all know, the Jazz have been carrying too many point guards. If an reasonable offer comes in for Shelvin Mack, I expect to see the Jazz pull the trigger on that trade.

• Snyder Scowl Provo, UT
    Feb. 17, 2017 2:41 p.m.

Sorry Rock, but the very title of this article is simply all wrong.

While I agree the Jazz have no pressing needs, and probably shouldn't be making any out-going calls on the trade deadline, I would hope Dennis Lindsey and company quickly take every single call that comes in through their interns' desks on Thursday.

The current team certainly seems to gel really well right now. Nobody would argue that. But if another franchise decides they want to improve their draft position and offer the Jazz a highly favorable deal, why should they not take it?

The Jazz right now are the 6th or 7th best team in the National Basketball Association. While it's a nice upgrade from the last half decade of Draft Lottery limbo, it should in no way be considered adequate.

If an offer comes along that could move the organization on up, I would hope to see that offer accepted.

Don't be on the "do not call list" Mr. Lindsey. Listen to, and entertain every possibility. Crunch your numbers, do your homework, make all due diligence... And if the results say an offer on the table makes us a better team- pull the trigger. Make it happen.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Feb. 17, 2017 1:26 p.m.

Of course we don't always know if there are players who are demanding a trade. Absent that, I'm guessing the Jazz will stand pat.

• Doug10 Roosevelt, UT
    Feb. 17, 2017 12:29 p.m.

Hello Rock,

What planet are you from?

Jazz cannot go through the playoffs with Favors half half out of an ambulance. Each time he steps on the floor he is a defensive liability and his shot rivals Lyles. Jazz have waited all season for something to happen....and still waiting.

Now is a moment to trade as there are players moving and GMs are more willing to look at changes. This the season.

Would be nice if Jazz had Trey Burke to trade away again but this time it will cost them a player who has value.

And need you be reminded how the last two additions to the team have developed integral roles on the team, both Diaw and Johnson.

• Sneaky Jimmy Bay Area, CA
    Feb. 17, 2017 8:57 a.m.

I think Rock is offering good advice. From the outside looking in, Burks and Mack appear to be expendable. Don't know if you could get anything of value, though.

• Quietwalker , Al Qassim
    Feb. 17, 2017 7:46 a.m.

Because Burks has created the problem when he returned. He is rarely a part of the offense and his defense is worse. Seems as if the cohesiveness of the team faded as he entered the lineup. Like him and his skill set, just not his mind set.